Various types of defects occur in electronics and automobile products. There are different types of solutions for different types of problems especially automobile products i.e. vehicles.
One of the problems with a Chevy Silverado vehicle is the A/C problem. A/C plays an important role in protecting a driver from heat when he drives a vehicle.
However, the A/C may have to be reset for various reasons. Now the question is how to reset the A/C of a Chevy Silverado?
When Should You Reset the A/C on Chevy Silverado?
When do you realize you need to reset your Chevy Silverado A/C? Of course, you will see some notable problems through which you will understand that you need to reset the A/C of your vehicle.
The first is hot air. Usually, an A/C flow is given to give you cool air. But you noticed that after turning on the A/C of your vehicle, cold air flowed for a while and then slowly the air got warmer.
In this case, you need to reset the A/C of your vehicle. This is usually due to a blown fuse, a leak or a damaged compressor clutch.
Another symptom is poor airflow. If you notice that the A/C of the vehicle is blowing relatively less air then you need to reset it.
This problem is mainly due to a hose that needs to be replaced, the old ventilation fan etc. are responsible.
How Long Does It Take to Reset the A/C on Chevy Silverado?
Basically, if you manually reset the A/C of a Chevy Silverado, it usually takes 5 to 7 minutes. The time difference may vary depending on your knowledge of the automobile.
There are many who would not want to reset their Chevy Silverado A/C on their own but would resort to a mechanic. In that case, this time will be extended a little more.
Requirements to Reset the A/C on Chevy Silverado
The most important thing to reset the A/C of your Chevy Silverado is “you”. Yes, reader, you can reset the A/C of your vehicle with only two hands. But if too much you will need a screwdriver and a pair of pliers. That’s all you need.
Cost of Resetting the A/C on Chevy Silverado
If you want to reset your Chevy Silverado’s A/C manually then you may not have to incur any cost. Because you just sit in your vehicle and start the process.
In this case, if you do not have screwdrivers or pliers in your home, then you may have to buy these. On the other hand, if you go to a mechanic to reset A/C, they will charge a certain amount. But why spend money where you can do it yourself?
How to Reset the A/C on Chevy Silverado?
Okay, let’s get back to the core business. Although there are different models of Chevy Silverado in the world if we notice that the method of resetting the A/C of all models is the same.
There is only one method by which you can reset the A/C of all types of Chevy Silverado. So now we are going to know a universal method.
Most of the reasons for having to reset the A/C of a vehicle are due to software errors. For example, if the actuator behaves erratically, resetting the A/C of the vehicle solves the problem.
On the other hand, if your vehicle’s A/C climate control fuse is damaged, the solution will not work. Then you have to move towards replacement.
Anyway let’s go we don’t know how you can reset your Chevy Silverado’s A/C:
- The first thing to do first. You need to find the Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) fuse.
If you don’t know where the HVAC fuse is, look for it in the fuse box under the hood of your vehicle.
- After finding the HVAC fuse, turn the ignition to the “Off” position.
- In that state of ignition, unplug the HVAC fuse for 10 seconds.
- Then plug the fuse again and wait for about 40 seconds. During this time your vehicle’s A/C system will restart.
In this case, you do not have to do anything because the system will run automatically.
- Turn on your vehicle after running the A/C system completely. Check if A/C is reset i.e. is performing as well as before.
If you get your solution, that’s fine. If not, you may need to reset the climate control system. This system basically measures the temperature of the indoor environment of your vehicle and controls the A/C and how much cold or hot airflow is required.
So let’s find out how to reset the climate control system:
- Turn on your vehicle first.
- Now press the maximum and minimum buttons from the A/C control panel. Wait until the Automatic Stability Control (ASC) light is illuminated.
- Release the two buttons together when the ASC light is on.
This resets your vehicle’s climate control system.
This article shows you how to easily reset your Chevy Silverado A/C by yourself. Any problem related to automobiles can be solved by resetting any system related to that problem.
On the other hand, for the long-term solution of any problem, you either need to contact your vehicle manufacturing company or seek the help of a skilled mechanic.
- Read Also>> 5.3L vs 6.2L V8 Engine: Which One Is Better In Performance?
- Read Also>> What Does Engine Power Reduced Mean On Chevy Equinox?
- Read Also>> How To Fix P0106 Code On Chevy Cruze? (Explained)
- Read Also>> How To Remove A Speed Limiter On A GM Truck?
- Read Also>> Most Common Problems With 3.0 Duramax (You Should Know)